Healthcare Pathways Integration Manager
Who We Are:
CareerWise New York (CWNY) is a first of its kind, modern youth apprenticeship based in New York City. Our approach offers high school students opportunities in growing NYC industries, such as IT, financial services, and business operations, and provides all apprentices with a practical learning experience to augment the classroom. For employers, CareerWise New York offers businesses a hands-on role in developing work-ready talent with the skills employers need to innovate and grow their business.
CWNY borrows elements from the Swiss system, which is widely regarded as the gold standard in apprenticeship and ensures benefit to both students and businesses while serving as an intermediary between the complex systems of education and industry. It is our mission to create opportunities for youth and businesses across NYC by developing and supporting an innovative, sustainable youth apprenticeship system. Through this business-led, student-centered model, we bring together public and private stakeholders to ensure students have access to the skills and knowledge they need for financial and academic success, and that businesses have access to highly trained talent.
Who We're Looking For:
The ideal candidate will have impeccable communication, relational, interpersonal and project management skills and have the capacity to quickly build trust with all assigned clients and students. They will be able to think flexibly and solve problems as they emerge. They will thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
Reporting to the Chief Innovation Officer, The Healthcare Pathways Integration Manager will coordinate all aspects of our Healthcare Pathways including creating and managing project plans, scheduling and facilitating one on one and group meetings to ensure adherence to deadlines and completion of next steps for internal and external teams, implementation supports such as creating decks, collateral and managing communication across all project participants. The Healthcare Pathways Integration Manager will interface with internal and external staff who work directly with K12 schools, Institutions of Higher Education and Healthcare Employers to ensure seamless communication among stakeholders. The Healthcare Pathways Integration Manager understands the unique needs and challenges of each of our clients (employers and apprentices) and can support both to provide a positive experience.
This is a full-time exempt position
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop strong relationships with internal staff especially those on the K12 Education, Credentialing, and Onboarding teams to facilitate the creation of new healthcare pathways and the implementation of current healthcare pathways (Medical Assisting to Pre-Nursing and Radiology Aide to Radiology Technician).
- Assist the New York Jobs CEO Council in planning and executing stakeholder meetings and collaborating with internal staff at CWNY
- Participate in and oversee the development, implementation, and maintenance of healthcare pathways through the creation and management of project plans
- Plan and execute weekly one on one and group meetings to ensure the on-time completion of project plan deliverables and next steps
- Ongoing communication to keep colleagues and stakeholders informed of current plans, regularly reports, and communicates critical issues across teams and partners
- Work with research and evaluation team to maintain data systems; collect and analyze data for quarterly reports; monitor progress towards targets and goals; provide responsive support for unanticipated challenges
- Present to key stakeholders on the details of the program and provide career curriculum support as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Key qualifications and experience to be successful in this role:
- 3-5 years of project management experience
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Familiarity with workforce development initiatives and/or K12 education or higher education as it relates to the healthcare sector
- Proven ability to connect with people from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and lived experiences
- Relational strength – able to quickly build rapport with a variety of people to maximize outcomes, strong listening skills, creative problem-solving skills, polished client management skills
- Possess strong project management skills – prioritize activities and work in an independent, self- directed manner against tight deadlines as well as manage a team’s progress and keep them accountable to results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly synthesize complex ideas, align them with business priorities and devise actionable strategies to accomplish goals
- Polished client management skills
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google Suite is required; familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
- Proof of up-to-date vaccination status for Covid-19 must be provided upon hire
- Applicants must be able to travel to different schools and locations in New York City to deliver presentations and provide career curriculum support
- You must be willing to undergo a NYC Department of Education background check
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job being performed by employees assigned to this classification. The duties listed are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. With the evolution of the organization and this role, the responsibilities of this position may change at any time.
Interested? We look forward to hearing from you!
In your cover letter, please answer these two questions when you provide your resume:
1: Why are you interested in joining CareerWise?
2: What can you bring to this position?
CareerWise is a hybrid workplace. This position will be based out of New York City with three days per week in our Midtown office.
The starting salary range for this role is: $63,000 - $82,000 annually; this role is not covered by the minimum wage and overtime provisions of the FLSA. CareerWise offers a generous benefits package including group medical, dental, and vision plans, 401k, supplemental insurance, disability, parental leave, PTO, professional development stipend, and (pre-tax) commuter benefit
Working conditions and physical requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking and standing. Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination for use of standard office equipment. Oral and auditory capacity required for interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone and online video conference platforms (like Google, Zoom, MS Teams, Webex, etc.)
CareerWise New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: CareerWise New York is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at CareerWise New York are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. CareerWise New York will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. CareerWise New York encourages applicants of all ages. CareerWise New York is committed to building a diverse staff and encourages applications from people of color. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org